Re: [linux-audio-user] A little scared of Debian, was Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] A little scared of Debian, was Fresh PC waiting for basic installation - Advice?
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 10:34:14 EEST

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 09:51:50PM -0700, Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> To be the quintesential dumb bunny again...So on MDK, I would use
> Kpackage to install MDK rpm's only?

My brief experience of MDK was that I could only install Mandrake RPMs.
In particular I coudn't always install Red Hat RPMs.
As one major reason for switching to MDK was to be able to use RPMs and
thus more recent versions of software, I went off it rather quickly,
moved back to Debian and learned how to upgrade to testing and keep
it up to date.

--
Anahata
anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk       Tel: 01638 720444