RE: [linux-audio-user] distros

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] distros
From: RickTaylor_AT_speakeasy.net
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 02:40:50 EEST

On 12-Jul-2004 Brian Redfern wrote:
} I like suse 9.2 myself, but I install for free over ftp, and then grab all
} of the development libraries so its easy to recompile from source when I
} need to.
}
} The other distro I like is demudi, but suse 9.2 comes with the 2.6 kernel,
} so my usb stuff works better than with the 2.4 kernel, and I don't have to
} recompile my kernel to have decent latency performance.

 You could always use alien to convert the debs. I don't know if I'd want to
use it for a whole distribution but it works pretty well for a few packages.

 ...'Course, if you got a spare partition or an extra hd you could always set
up both.
E-Mail: RickTaylor_AT_Speakeasy.Net
Date: 12-Jul-2004
Time: 18:31:06