Re: [linux-audio-user] distros

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] distros
From: Jan Weil (jan.weil_AT_web.de)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 09:22:23 EEST

Hi David,

On Tue Jul 13 21:11:41 2004 David M wrote:
> One point though if somebody knows how to set global environment variables
> that work within the point and click environment within kde (.profile doesnt
> seem to work) I certainly would like to know.

IIRC this is related to pam configuration, see pam(7).
The display manager (xdm, kdm, gdm) you use should have a configuration
file under /etc/pam.d/.
In order to correctly set environment variables this file must (AFAIK)
contain the line

auth required pam_env.so

Google for 'kdm "environment variables" pam'

HTH

Jan

--
Jan Weil