Re: [linux-audio-user] distros

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] distros
From: David M (eseol_AT_tiscali.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 23:11:41 EEST

Hi

Can I just at this point whole heartedly recommend debian - certainly the so
called unstable branch. I must admit that messing with lowlat and preemptive
patch has been messy. However after reading the last few days of debate about
the problems with the 2.6 kernel. I decided to try debian stock 2.6.7 and i
must admit that it seems to work as good -but probably better than the
2.4ll+pre. This is of course using the LD_ASSUME stuff.

One point though if somebody knows how to set global environment variables
that work within the point and click environment within kde (.profile doesnt
seem to work) I certainly would like to know.

Dave