Re: [linux-audio-user] SCORE for UNIX/Linux ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SCORE for UNIX/Linux ?
From: Peter Lutek (plutek_AT_infinity.net)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 17:37:38 EEST

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 08:19, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> Does anyone know whether Leland Smith's famous SCORE runs under Linux
> ? I'm not even sure how to go about acquiring SCORE, but it sounds
> interesting enough for me to go looking for it. Anyone ?
>
> I understand that it can be run under DOS emulators for the Mac,
> perhaps it can be run under DOSemu.
>
> Best regards,
>
> dp

dave -

i have run SCORE under DOS and Windows for many years, and have been
recently evaluating available linux alternatives. a working SCORE under
DOSemu would certainly be nice. it does use a key disk for copy
protection - don't know if that might present a problem for DOSemu.

i will give it a try and report back.

note that i am using v3.1 (ca. 1993), which is not uncommon amongst many
SCORE users, but the current version (with some important changes) is
v4.01.

see www.scoremus.com for info, including ordering.

best-
-p