Re: [linux-audio-user] Knobs (was: Virtual Mixing Desk)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Knobs (was: Virtual Mixing Desk)
From: Florin Andrei (florin_AT_andrei.myip.org)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 08:35:05 EEST

On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 14:08, Sampo Savolainen wrote:
> I have also disliked knobs in gui applications, but I just realized that
> the problem is not with the widget, but how it is controlled.

God Made Knobs And Sliders :-))) to be touched by the human hand, not to
be wiggled with a mouse on a computer screen.

See this link:

http://alesis.com/products/Ion/

It's an astounding synth with an excellent interface (just trust me on
that, or go to your local Guitar Center and try one).
But i betcha that same awesome interface would Suck Ball Bearings (TM)
if emulated in a software GUI.

But i guess this is "the other flamewar" (hard synths vs. soft synths),
isn't it? ;-)

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/