Re: [linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk
From: Thorsten Wilms (t_w__AT_freenet.de)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 11:22:04 EEST

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 11:56:37PM +0100, Chris Cannam wrote:

> http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/tmp/x3.png

Nice to see my design having some impact.
Sad it's not radial, but I hope the soon to be released fan-slider
implementation will change the world anyway :)

>From that screenshot I think the negative part of the scale would
be better of without segmentation, but maybe with some darker color
to give more contrast.

> fwiw they reset to default on middle click, reset to centre on
> right-click, increment with any mouse movement up or right and
> decrement down or left, and are controllable with the mouse wheel.
> Currently mouse movement is too sensitive at small ranges and not
> sensitive enough at large ones -- fixes welcome.

I think right click should be reserved for context menus.
For knobs they could contain:
- Set to Minimum
- Set to Maximum
- Center
- Copy
- Paste

Set to center is only interesting for parameters like panning.
I used an arrowhead/triangle above the knob to indicate the nature
of the control and its center value. But it was also meant to be
clickable for centering the value.

---
Thorsten Wilms