Re: [linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Virtual Mixing Desk
From: Olivier Guilyardi (ml_AT_xung.org)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 04:57:36 EEST

R Parker wrote:
> A drawback I see to the knob only mixer is it limits
> the users ability to visually associate what they hear
> with what they see.

Trouble is sliders are space-taking. What about a colorful approach :
A little square which is white for 0, black for 1, and taking a scale of
gray colors for intermediate values. You'd ajust it the same way as a
knob, pressing the mouse button and going up/down, or with the mouswheel.

It wouldn't remind the user of any physical equivalent, but it would
better suit the digital interface. With a hue scale (HSV color model),
instead of a gray one, the visual impact could be pretty efficient,
though it would require some practice to get used to it.

--
   og