Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Studio Hearphones

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Good Studio Hearphones
From: Ryan Underwood (nemesis-lists_AT_icequake.net)
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 04:47:14 EEST

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 06:19:21PM -0700, Florin Andrei wrote:

> I didn't A/B them, but i did listen to them at different times. And i
> could easily compare both to the SR125 since that's the Grado that i
> own. So my comparison might be unreliable, but it matches what other
> people say.
>
> The SR80 are more lively.

Is that good or bad? I think the overall opinion is that Grado phones
are already a little trigger happy ;)

> > except for the "holes"
> > in the can covers... I'm not sure how that would feel compared to the
> > SR60's solid covers.
>
> I'm not certain i understand what do you mean by that. The SR60 that i
> saw had similar cans to the SR80, as you can see on the gradolabs.com
> site.

Hmm, on the site, they seem to have either a wrong picture for the SR60,
or are using different covers than on my two pairs. On mine, the part
that contacts the ear is just a flat round foam cover. On the picture
of both the SR60 and the SR80 on their site, there is a "donut" or "cup"
that surrounds the ear, which is very different from the SR60 that I
have.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis_AT_icequake.net>