Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] New MIDI Router/Filter

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] New MIDI Router/Filter
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 04:57:54 EEST

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 09:50, Matthias Nagorni wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
>
> > Can it turn Prog change data into basic toggled CC data?
>
> Not directly. Prog change can be mapped to CC data, but for one selectable
> but fixed controller. In principle you could use a chain
>
> PGM --> Note --> CC
>
> however the problem is that no NOTEOFF is created when a PGM is left, so
> Notes/CC are not toggled but all switched on. Depending on the conrete
> case, it might be possible to just define a second map that will take care
> of switching things off.
>
> May I guess ? Are you planning to use PGM as sustain or so ? ;-)
> Please describe your concrete case. I will then think about a way to
> integrate it in the current model.

Hmmm...My very OWN software designer?? :)

I have an old Digitech RP10 guitar pedal with limited midi capabilities.
I use it on my elctric axes but use the midi functions to control my
Ardour mixer for the live fx stuff. Right now, the volume pedal is CC10
and it's tied to the slider widget on my Acoustic guit. channel. But he
5 "bank" foot pedal buttons only send Prog. change. I actually set one
to "1" and the second to "127" in the pedal. I tie Pedal 1 to the
"master" volume widget in Ardour. Then the Master toggles from Value=1
to value=127. Not proper use but thats just how Ardour interprets Prog.
Change. Trouble is, the physical pedals are not separable this way. I
cannot assign a different pedal to a different slider widget in Ardour.
I figure if I can convert the data to CC values it may seperate them and
I will have more fallibility with what hardware I already have.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Matthias

R~