Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] New MIDI Router/Filter

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] New MIDI Router/Filter
From: Matthias Nagorni (mana_AT_suse.de)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 18:46:32 EEST

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> Ardour mixer for the live fx stuff. Right now, the volume pedal is CC10
> and it's tied to the slider widget on my Acoustic guit. channel. But he
> 5 "bank" foot pedal buttons only send Prog. change. I actually set one
> to "1" and the second to "127" in the pedal. I tie Pedal 1 to the
> "master" volume widget in Ardour. Then the Master toggles from Value=1
> to value=127. Not proper use but thats just how Ardour interprets Prog.
> Change. Trouble is, the physical pedals are not separable this way. I
> cannot assign a different pedal to a different slider widget in Ardour.
> I figure if I can convert the data to CC values it may seperate them and
> I will have more fallibility with what hardware I already have.

This is indeed a very special and complicated case. Maybe the current
QMidiRoute can resolve it already with the PGM --> Note --> CC chain.
The PGM --> Note would do the separation you need. And Note --> CC would
convert it into the format required to control Ardour.
If this does not work, it's probably the best to directly implement
the solution in C based on my sample router in the ALSA Howto:
http://www.suse.de/~mana/alsa090_howto.html#sect05

Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Nagorni