Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 13:54:47 EEST

Hallo,
Dave Robillard hat gesagt: // Dave Robillard wrote:

> I'm designing a modular synth engine, and would like to get some input
> on desired features/abilities to make sure it's designed in a way that
> will make it the most flexible.
>
> So, what features are important to you in a synth? What annoys you
> about the current crop of linux synths?

The most important feature of a modular synth is IMO a way to build
reusable building blocks. Think functions or objects in programming
languages. You may want to take a look at how this is implemented in
Pd amd jMax. Without this a modular synth will become unusable almost
immediatly. Be prepared for users which want to create hundreds of
modules, this is not unusual at all.

Ciao