Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 10:37:17 EEST

Last Friday 30 July 2004 11:22, Dave Griffiths was like:
> I'd also like to see (and I don't know if this is what Tim meant) support
> for scala http://www.xs4all.nl/~huygensf/scala/ everywhere like (I think)
> AMS has.

It wasn't precisely.

I was actually hoping for a simple A=[Hz] spinbox.
But now you mention it, I agree whole heartedly.

Actually, the more I look at this page, I'd say scala was _exactly_ what I've
been looking for from a wider compositional point of view.
I'm very interested in the effects of using precise tunings and intonations as
I perceive western 12-tone equal temperament to be not only limited, but out
of tune. Obviously soundfonts aren't the way to go, if this is what I want,
but I use them for roughing out MIDI parts and to save on resources for
multi-part pieces. I shall have a better look at things like AMS, and
obviously pd could be useful here.

Thanks for the tip :-)

tim hall