Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Your synth wishlist?
From: Dave Robillard (drobilla_AT_connect.carleton.ca)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 17:33:40 EEST

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 06:08, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi!
> My wishes:
> I REALLY NEED a textbased interface (like fluidsynth or ecasound perhaps!
> Scripting is really good.
> alsa midi sequencer interface is a great thing!
> In the interface, get a nice way of working with ladspa (not like in
> fluidsynth), perhaps more like in ecasound (I don't want to know to much about
> the plugin - I don't want to enter the names of all the ports and the name of
> the plugin. That might be nice in some cases, but you should have the
> possibility to do something like: insert_ladspa
> 1950,50,1.6,0.6,0.6,0,-22,-26,some_input,out1,out2)!
> Also thanks for asking! Greedily awaiting first testable version! :-)
> Kindest regards
> Julien

That's how I'm testing it right now. It's like this:

/new_patch p1
/patches/p1/add_output "out_1"
/patches/p1/load_plugin "cmt.so", "sine_faac", "osc_1"
/patches/p1/connect "osc_1" "output" "Output" "out_1"

(osc_1 is the name you give the plugin, Output is a special reserved
module name)

and so on. (you can get numbers for plugins as well as using the name
you defined)

How's that?

-DR-