[linux-audio-user] Jamin question - peak hold in spectrum display?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Jamin question - peak hold in spectrum display?
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 21:35:37 EEST

Hi,
    Does Jamin have any facility to do a peak hold display where a
second curve is drawn and is made up of the peak values displayed in the
faster, currently existing curve? If so, how do I turn it on? This is
useful when you're trying to get an overall feeling for the energy
across time instead of what's happening at a specific instant.

    Also, I don't see (but am probably missing) a way to set the decay
speed of the display. Typical sort of fast (what's there now) medium and
slow. Often the peak hold operates pretty close to the slow curve, or
sticks around permanently until you do a reset by hand.

    FYI - right now the Gentoo version is 0.8.0 and there is an error
message at startup about not finding lookahead_limiter_const_1906.so.

    I don't know about the sound yet but I must say that the basic tool
compares pretty nicely to the Waves stuff I normally use. I'm currently
mixing a CD and looking at using Jamin for my final version. Thanks for
a nice tool.

Thanks,
Mark