Re: [linux-audio-user] Jamin question - peak hold in spectrum display?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Jamin question - peak hold in spectrum display?
From: Jan Depner (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 00:45:49 EEST

Mark,

        There is no peak hold on the HDEQ. There is a peak on the Spectrum
display. I have changed my own default peak color to dark blue so I can
see it more easily. The default is yellow I think.

        I have thought about the possibility of doing a slow fade on the HDEQ
display but it is very problematic. I'm using the XOR graphics plane to
draw and erase the curves. I haven't really done anything with a
partial erase in XOR so I'm not sure how to do it. If I were working in
the normal graphics plane (like the rest of the display) it would be
easy. The problem there is that it takes too long to redraw the entire
HDEQ display ten times a second. If I get a clue on how to do the
partial erasure in XOR I'll look into it.

Jan