Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: OT: Microphone info

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: OT: Microphone info
From: Jan Depner (eviltwin69_AT_cableone.net)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 01:08:44 EEST

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 14:36, Alastair Couper wrote:

> I see there are two main strands in music makers: those that are most
> interested in and sensitive to the sound, and those that are mainly
> hearing the content. I seem to be in the latter. I am happy listening to a
> less than excellent recording of a great performance, but can't be
> bothered with a mediocre performance, no matter how much $$$ was thrown at
> the gear used.

        Great point - I was listening to Hot and Nasty by Humble Pie today - if
you turn it up you can hear the hiss. It's still great. Same with
White Rabbit and any number of older recordings. I'd much rather look
at a beautiful woman through a dirty window than be up close and
personal with a real barker ;-)

Jan