Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack and Xruns

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack and Xruns
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 05:19:15 EEST

Last Thursday 05 August 2004 23:29, Aaron Trumm was like:

> basically the deal is i'm getting a lot more x runs since i changed out my
> mobo and i'm trying to figure out what else i can do...

I'm afraid I have nothing to offer but my condolences. I just installed a new
HD & reinstalled AGNULA. In most respects it runs better than ever before,
but I still can't record while I'm running JAMin :( I tried reZound,
ecasound, jackrec all either produced null files or stutter horribly. Nothing
as bad as what you're experiencing, but you certainly have my sympathy.

I'm just up against the limits of my hardware.

> but what's weird is, i have to run jack at -p 1024 to even HOPE to be able
> to work, and sometimes at 2048 - hell i even did one mix the other day at
> 8192 or whatever that step is because i kept getting like one xrun and
> screwing it up

How boringly frustrating!

> wow that was a lot of typing...so what do people think?

I so wish I knew.

ATB

tim hall