Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio MidiSport 2x4?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio MidiSport 2x4?
From: noise floor (object88_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 00:26:24 EEST

Hello again! I think I should have been more specific. I haven't seen
any mention of the MidiSport 2x4 anywhere. I've seen that the 2x2,
4x4, etc. are all supported, but the 2x4 is really cheap ($50) from a
couple of places, so I was interested in that one in particular... but
I haven't seen a yay or nay for it.

Failing that, I think I will find myself with a MidiSport 4x4.

Ah, I found on the USB MIDI firmware sourceforge site
(http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/) a reference to the 2x4, saying it
doesn't need firmware loading. Neat-o.

Aside, I thought I read somewhere that the MidiSports use USB 1.1. Is
this true, and does it even really matter for MIDI timing? Does having
other devices on other USB ports effect timing at all?

Thanks,
Paul