Re: [linux-audio-user] VST_SERVER and Edirol Hypercanvas?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] VST_SERVER and Edirol Hypercanvas?
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 01:49:04 EEST

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 14:00, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 11:26, Dave Phillips wrote:
> > Hi Russell:
> >
> > What version of WINE is installed ? Here are some details about my system:
> >
> > WINE 20031118
> > libfst 1.6
> > jack_fst 1.2
> > JACK 0.98
> > ALSA 1.0.4
>
> Hmmm...Wine 20040614 I believe
> libfst came from thac's but I think is 1.5
> jack_fst 1.2
> Jack .98.8
> Alsa 1.0.5a
> >
> > Check for earlier versions of things, i.e., in both the /usr and
> > /usr/local hierarchies. I know people like package managers, I like them
> > too, but this stuff is likely to be a "best fit" if you compile and
> > install it yourself. And as you probably know, the version of WINE can
> > make a difference.
>
> Yeah the older version of wine I had was a little steadier out of the
> box. Only ran progman, winecfg, etc but it did work. Just uninstalled
> and reinstalled Wine from Thac's and now the bugger don't work at all!
>
> Will keep trying. Might need to comile my own Fst but get Wine working
> first obviously.

Ok...onward...

I installed an older version of wine from the Mandrake contribs...one I
knew worked. And it does...brings up all the Windows apps from
Wine-utils package no problem. So I got wine!

THought I'd build Jack_fst and fst from scratch...

So I unpack the hairball...er tarball for fst 1.6. I do configure and
that goes amazingly well. I do "make" and that goes well! I su and then
do "make install". That dies with something like...

no such file or directory. Theres other stuff but I think what it's
doing is trying to install to /usr/local/lib/pkg-config with the config
file. MDK does not use this directory. It uses /usr/lib/pkg-config
instead.

I think there's just an environment variable to be set here but I hunted
thru the makefiles, aclocal, etc where usually I find some option I can
change specific paths in. No luck. Am I on the right track here?

Thanks