Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user] [ANN] jamin-0.9.0 releas

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user] [ANN] jamin-0.9.0 releas
From: Sampo Savolainen (v2_AT_iki.fi)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 17:02:18 EEST

True.

But if you have limited computing resources you can first export your
project to a 32/24 bit wav file. Then you can use something like rezound
to play the wave and direct that through jamin for mastering.

And, as far as I understand, jack is very efficient. A standalone
mastering software would have do the audio i/o inside one thread, disk
i/o under another one. This is not that different from having jack
running audio i/o, rezound disk i/o and jamin mastering. Posix SHM does
wonders for process to process communications.

 Sampo