Re: wiki page (was: Re: [linux-audio-user] dipping toes in 2.6 waters)

Subject: Re: wiki page (was: Re: [linux-audio-user] dipping toes in 2.6 waters)
From: Florian Schmidt (mista.tapas_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 23:48:02 EEST

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:31:11 -0400
Lee Revell <rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 14:05, Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 06:45, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> > > On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 01:51:28 -0400
> >
> > > http://www.affenbande.org/~tapas/wiki/index.php?Low%20latency%20for%20audio%20work%20on%20linux%202.6.x
> >

> Also, I get the same latencies using 256 for max_sectors_kb as 16. I
> also cannot measure a decrease in disk throughput. If you get the
> same results, maybe the wiki page should be updated.

Hmm, in my case the maximum value i can use is 128, and i cannot see a
difference between 128 and 16 either. It didn't do harm. My guess that
this might impact throughput was based on the assumption that the
overhead increases with smaller sizes. I might be wrong.

Do you have a max_hw_sectors_kb greater than 128? I think it has changed
somewhere during the last kernel versions. I seem to remember that this
was 256 once..

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!