Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] what window manager are you using?
From: tim hall (tech_AT_glastonburymusic.org.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 13:56:34 EEST

Last Tuesday 10 August 2004 22:30, Andrew Dahlin was like:
> Now for the question: which window manager are you using for audio work and
> why? I don't mean for this to start a flame war... notice it wasn't titled
> "what's the best window manager?" ;) I just want to take an informal survey
> of what everyone is using and see why people use what they do.

Openbox3

I use it because I prefer the way it looks to fluxbox and it's totally netWM
compatible (i.e. standards compliant) It's remarkably like running a
lightweight version of GNOME, but totally customisable. All it does is manage
windows, nothing else, which is a Good Thing IMO. I use gkrellm and fbpanel
to provide friendly GUI facilities and lots of keybindings.

cheers

tim hall