Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 1010LT .asoundrc?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 1010LT .asoundrc?
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 04:33:20 EEST

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 18:02, jmacdermott_AT_ns2.i-mecca.net wrote:
> Hey folks, just wanted to follow up and thank those that made suggestions - I
> have both soundcards working with qjackctl & ardour, and life is once again
> good!
>
> Two new questions though:
>
> 1. My Delta 1010LT is HW0 and the onboard sound chip is HW1. Is there any way
> for qjackctl to access both at the same time (ie: use the Delta's inputs and
> have the output run through my computer's regular speakers)?

If your refering to the "system speaker"...I don't think so but depends
on your setup...

> 2. Does anyone have a quick reference to the 12 ins and 10 outs on the card so
> that I don't have to test each track individually? :-)
I have this same setup thanks to Jan. The first 8 analogue In's and
outs of the card correspond directly to the first 8 pcm in's and out's
in the Qjackctl "connect" window.

In Envy24control mixer "analogue" levels window, input 1 in Qjackctl
will correspond to "adc 0", in 2 to "adc 1, etc.

I have not used the spdif functions of my card...or any toher card for
that matter...I assume I/O's 9,10 then 11 and 12 are for digital
functions. I don't worry about them. I was going to dig thru the
.asoundrc and figure out what needs taken out eliminate the channels I
don't use but again..."If it ain't broke, Don't fix it!"

Cheers
R~