[linux-audio-user] Re: laptop external soundcard

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: laptop external soundcard
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 17:59:10 EEST

Well, they finally figured out why the Midiman quattro wasn't working
right, I have one, and its good for stereo recording, and if I can
eventually get an omni io for it I can get phantom power and volume
control and nice stereo inputs for condensor mikes (if I had them).

Usb is only really usable with decent layency for stereo playback and
recording. The Hammerfall multiface with the pc card interface is the only
game in town, until we can get am alsa driver for firewire, in which case
you'd open up the linux laptop to a lot more hardware.