Re: [linux-audio-user] "Linux fx box how to" WAS: some thoughts about Linux audio software documentation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] "Linux fx box how to" WAS: some thoughts about Linux audio software documentation
From: LinuxMedia (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 01:18:13 EEST

>> Go for it. Linux audio software development is already advanced, but
>>documentation is still at a fundamental stage. Regardless of how many
>>people use it, your docs may be the only additional literature on the
>>topic,

> Is there some specific format that works best...my intent at this point
> is to just do it as either an open office document or just plain ol'
> text file in Kwrite or similar.

Please, please, please... don't make someone install a program (that
they never use) to read information. Isn't there enough stumbling blocks
to getting things running?

Don't forget... they may have to *locate*, *build* AND *configure*
OpenOffice.org FIRST...

Everyone has facilities to read plain text and html. Please keep things
simple. Please... no more "extra steps" to getting things done.

Rocco