Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: studio monitors - M-Audio Studiophile BX5

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: studio monitors - M-Audio Studiophile BX5
From: The Other (sstubbs_AT_shout.net)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 22:32:22 EEST

> I asked because I am considering getting monitors for under $500,
> and I think
> I've narrowed down my selection to the Studiophile BX5 or the
> Alesis M1
> Active Mk2.

For $300 (pair) on sale at American Musical Supply (and possibly
free shipping)

      http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-EVE-2020V2.html

are the Event 20/20 V2 Studio Reference Monitors, the specs are
shown on the page.

I have the prior version (V1 I suppose I now have to call them)
bought from AMS in Jan 98. Looking at the specs for the V2, the
only difference between the V1 and the V2 is"

V1-> 50Hz - 20kHz, +/- 2dB, Ref 500Hz

V2-> 50Hz - 20kHz, +/- 3dB, Ref 500Hz (note the +/- 3dB is the
only difference.)

oh, just saw some other differences.

1) In the Connectors section, the V1 only has the 5-way binding
posts. The V2 has in addition to the 5-way binding posts,
vinyl-laminated MDF Connectors.

2) The drivers (8" and 25mm) are now magnetically shielded.

HTH
'The Other' Stephen Stubbs
Champaign, IL USA