Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Setting up linux computer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Setting up linux computer
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 21:41:50 EEST

Hallo,
Paul Winkler hat gesagt: // Paul Winkler wrote:
> Note that others have reported issues with the M-audio usb devices.
> I can't speak to that but I recall the subject popping up from
> time to time.

I think. you still need to patch the kernel 2.6 to accept the
non-standard-compliant device-ID numbering in many (all?) USB audio
cards by M-Audio.

Many of their USB midi cards (or boxes...) seem to work fine on 2.6,
though.

I would recommend just to stay clear of the M-Audio USB audio devices
for now (provided the patching is still necessary), there are many
alternatives of equal quality.

Ciao