[linux-audio-user] Re: Linux Audio Human Interface Guidelines 0.01

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: Linux Audio Human Interface Guidelines 0.01
From: Matt Barber (brbrofsvl_AT_aol.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 15:38:01 EEST

->"Sliders MUST be operable with the mouse wheel. This MUST only be
enabled when mousing over a slider, otherwise, the mouse wheel MUST
retain its normal behavior of scrolling the window.

For a vertical slider, rolling the mouse button away from you
(hereafter: wheel-up event) MUST increase the value of the parameter,
and wheel-down MUST decrease the value.

For a horizontal slider, wheel-up SHOULD increase the value, and
wheel-down SHOULD decrease the value by default. However, this behavior
MUST be configurable. If a system-wide facility to control
this is unavailable then the app MUST provide a configuration
mechanism."<-

Possible to make it like one of those nintendo emulators, where you have
a default setting, several presets, plus "line item" configuration if
you want? From what I've read about this in the past, it seems like
there's enough difference in opinion that the only solution would be one
that allows people to keep their difference of opinion, and to me it
seems extra configuration is worth the extra work in coding... but I'm
not a programmer so I don't really know how much extra the work is.

Matt