Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Setting up linux computer

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Setting up linux computer
From: Ruth A. Kramer (rhkramer_AT_fast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 17:21:03 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:
> Well, hard to quantify. Partly I just didn't like the look / feel
> of ZWiki at that time. And I was new to wikis in general and didn't
> really like the MagicWikiLinkCamelCaseNamingConvention.
> Still don't like it much but I've mostly made peace with it.
> I do tend to prefer the [Arbitrary text in square brackets] link convention
> that I've seen on some wikis.

Paul,

Still reading, just making some tentative comments:

   * Since this is my first encounter with the HOWTO, and I'm not
searching for some particular answer, I'm reading through the document
in page order. One thing I miss is Next and Prev links to go through
the document. (TWiki doesn't make that any easier than ZWiki, iirc, but
it can be done (at least in TWiki.)

   * On WikiLearn, I offer both the "standard" TWiki search and Google,
so that may make things easier to find.

   * I guess part of what is on my mind is whether it makes sense to
make the effort to move the document to TWiki (WikiLearn) or just leave
it where it is, perhaps dress up a few things, and open it for
modification. (I'll comment again after I finish reading the document.)

regards,
Randy Kramer