Re: [linux-audio-user] CCRMA switching to FC2?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CCRMA switching to FC2?
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano (nando_AT_ccrma.stanford.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 01:25:10 EEST

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 14:15, Rick wrote:
> Hi all,
> Anyone know when CCRMA will be switching to FC2 and the 2.6 kernel?

The question in not completely clear to me. You surely mean Planet CCRMA
and not CCRMA itself, right?

Planet CCRMA supports FC2, so it is not a matter of switching (I
currently support several versions of redhat/fedora). I just don't
currently recommend using FC2 unless you know that there are (were?)
still some latency problems, when compared to 2.4.x.

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 14:22, Lee Revell wrote:
> Probably when 2.6 is ready for low latency audio work. It's pretty much
> there on UP, but there are some unresolved SMP issues. These are
> allegedly fixed in the very latest voluntary preemption patches, but
> these are only a few minutes old, and no one has had a chance to test
> yet.

I'm building them..... tests hopefully coming up soon :-)
-- Fernando