Re: [linux-audio-user] CCRMA switching to FC2?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CCRMA switching to FC2?
From: Rick (zajelo3_AT_cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 02:00:07 EEST

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 14:15, Rick wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>> Anyone know when CCRMA will be switching to FC2 and the 2.6 kernel?
>>

>The question in not completely clear to me. You surely mean Planet CCRMA
>and not CCRMA itself, right?
>
>Planet CCRMA supports FC2, so it is not a matter of switching (I
>currently support several versions of redhat/fedora). I just don't
>currently recommend using FC2 unless you know that there are (were?)
>still some latency problems, when compared to 2.4.x.
>
>On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 14:22, Lee Revell wrote:
>

>>Probably when 2.6 is ready for low latency audio work. It's pretty much
>>there on UP, but there are some unresolved SMP issues. These are
>>allegedly fixed in the very latest voluntary preemption patches, but
>>these are only a few minutes old, and no one has had a chance to test
>>yet.
>>

>I'm building them..... tests hopefully coming up soon :-)
>-- Fernando

    Sorry, yes I meant Planet CCRMA. I was wondering when I could go to
the CCRMA website and download the modified iso's of FC2 (with apt as
the default package manager) and the modified kernel. Wish I could say
that I was doing some important audio work, but I mainly use Planet
CCRMA's version of Fedora and the modified kernel for gaming, as
benchmarks show better results than with other distro's and kernels on
similar equipment.

                Rick B