[linux-audio-user] Hardware recommendation

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Hardware recommendation
From: Pieter Penninckx (pieter.penninckx_AT_pi.be)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 15:21:18 EEST

Hi,

Porhaps I will have the opportunity to buy a new computer. I have
allready my soudcard and microphone and I am waiting for my mixer.
So the question is: what motherboard, processor, power supply unit,
computer case, harddisk etc. do you recommend and whitch pieces of
hardware are problematic?

I want to do harddisk recording and midi with softsynths. I want
the computer to be silent (I have a condenser microphone) and
I want low latency, of cource.

Kind regards,

Pieter Penninckx