Re: [linux-audio-user] 8-channel system

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] 8-channel system
From: Matt Barber (brbrofsvl_AT_aol.com)
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 18:56:18 EEST

->> This came up a couple of months ago, and I'll repeat what I said
then.
> RME hdsp/multiface is a great bet, but you will lose half of your
> channels if you are using 96k/24bit

That is not true. That limitation is in ADAT. When 88.2 or 96 khz rates
are
used, you only get 4 channels with the lightpipe instead of the 8 with
44.1/48.

The chosen sampling rate does not affect the analog inputs & outputs on
the
multiface.<-

Oops, sorry, right you are. It's just the ADAT. Sorry for the
confusion.

Matt