Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime-lsm in the kernel

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] realtime-lsm in the kernel
From: Russell Hanaghan (hanaghan_AT_starband.net)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 00:02:30 EEST

On Friday 10 September 2004 01:25 pm, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 14:57, John Check wrote:

> > > This is why we want realtime-lsm to be part of the kernel, because it
> > > _would_ automatically get upgraded when you upgraded your kernel.
> > > Since
> >
> > Are you sure? ALSA isn't always current.
>
> Exactly, but realtime-lsm has not changed in a long time, it's very
> simple (~200 lines of code), has no known bugs, and many people find it
> useful. So it's a perfect candidate to include in the kernel.
>
> I have already received an OK from the maintainer, as soon as I get a
> patch from him I will be posting it to LKML.
>
> Lee

Realtime-lsm is the most usefull patch in my situation. I don't like running
stuff as root and RT-lsm allows me not to have to do that. It's use in
creating best latency on it's own...well, it does not match what I had with
the 2.4 kernel in Mandrake yet but it still enables me to record in Ardour,
run jack at 512 x 2 as a user on my Delta1010LT with FX monitoring and is low
enough latency that I can play a guitar through it live running Ardour and
LADSPA fx like delays, reverbs and chorus' without the unsuspecting knowing.
The only issue I find is I have to let my MDK 10 box catch up after I start
jack then ardour other wise Ardour drops the jack pipe. Other than that it's
fine.