[linux-audio-user] Converting sample rate in Audacity (or is another tool better?)

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Converting sample rate in Audacity (or is another tool better?)
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 20:03:56 EEST

Hello,

I am trying to convert vinyl to CD. I am using Audacity for recording,
and am planning to use GWC (thanks for pointing me to it!) for
processing.

I have to "digitize" sound at 48k. There seems to be obvious distortion
at 44k1. This is probably because Intel ICH5 only uses 48k internally.

So I need to convert the sample rate to 44k1 separately. And to keep the
quality high...

Question 1. How do I do the conversion? Can't find it in Audacity. (I
did find the "High-quality sample rate converter" settings in
Preferences, but how do I get to use this converter?) Or perhaps there
is a tool better than Audacity for this purpose?

Question 2. Should I convert the rate before or after "cleaning" the
sound in GWC?

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik

Que