Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA - is there any concept of plugin automation?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] LADSPA - is there any concept of plugin automation?
From: Robert Jonsson (rj_AT_spamatica.se)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 21:30:09 EEST

Hi Mark,

fredagen den 17 september 2004 19.50 skrev Mark Knecht:
> Just wondering...
>
> If there is then is it supported in Ardour or any other apps? Jamin has
> something called scenes which I do not understand yet, but it's not
> LADSPA it's an app.

Yes, LADSPA allows for automation, I think it was a very important requirement
when LADSPA was crafted.
And yes, I think Ardour has it (though I haven't actually tried it), MusE will
have it in the next release, as for other hosts I don't know.
Some of the modular softsynths would probably allow for LADSPA automation by
using midi-controllers.
The scene selection in Jamin is not really related (though it probably affects
a few plugins under the hood).

Regards,
Robert

--