Re: [linux-audio-user] SoftSynth/Sampler Automation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SoftSynth/Sampler Automation
From: Robert Jonsson (rj_AT_spamatica.se)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 01:55:21 EEST

Hi Iván,

lördagen den 18 september 2004 22.54 skrev Iván Almada:
> what about soft synthesizer sampler automation?
>
> this is a very important point in my opinion,
> controlling filters via lfo is not the best way to do
> that all the time ... automating knob movements gives
> a hell lot more of control so which are the ways to do
> this ???
>
> midi cc (continous controllers) ???

For most synths that would be the case, though the implementation may vary, in
MusE it is implemented as to allow for internal synths (including vsti's) to
be automate-able directly (coming in the next release).

> in that case
> anybody has a map of the controllers for some synths
> (ZynAddSubFX for example ) ...?

You could try this page:
http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc_3.html
(Though the author specifically mentions that the manual is outdated so this
might not be accurate)

> is it possible to draw automation curves directly
> inside sequencers like rosegarden which support any
> kind of softsynth plugins like dssi ???

Don't know how it works in Rosegarden, in MusE it works like that atleast.

/Robert