Re: [linux-audio-user] SoftSynth/Sampler Automation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] SoftSynth/Sampler Automation
From: Chris Cannam (cannam_AT_all-day-breakfast.com)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 21:33:42 EEST

On Sunday 19 Sep 2004 01:45, Mark Knecht wrote:
> There are people around that know far more than I about Rosegarden
> but I do not think it supports any sort of automation, as such,
> today.

It doesn't, and it won't for 1.0. You can of course edit MIDI
controllers using the control rulers throughout any segment, but
there's no automation for plugin parameters, fader levels etc.

Both LADSPA and DSSI are entirely automatable by design; the
limitation is in Rosegarden.

Expect automation support at 1.1 or 1.2 or thereabouts -- some of the
infrastructure is there internally (e.g. all the changes to these
parameters are already passed around via timestamped events), but the
wiring is incomplete.

Chris