Re: [linux-audio-user] USB Audio has played but no longer does so.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] USB Audio has played but no longer does so.
From: Chris Lyon (chris.lyon_AT_spritenote.co.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 19 2004 - 13:31:49 EEST

I'm sorry that I've obviously phrased this question all wrong.
so I'll try to be a little bit more detailed this time.

I have now installed Mandrake 10.1 on the machine.
and now aplay -l does indeed report the existance of UA-100 card
kscd shows all the typical signs of playing a cd, it lists tracks, it
starts counting when play is pressed,
But no sound emerges.
amixer reports no mixer elements, or nothing.

/proc/asound/cards displays an endless stream of
0 [UA100 ]: USB-Audio - UA - 100
                          Roland UA - 100 at usb-0000:00:07.2 - 2, full
speed

if I try to select a Device with
aplay -D= *****
nothing I type in seems to make any sense to it.
if I try to list pcm devices to plug into the above line with aplay -D
the results are to say the least incomprehensable.

Where do I go next? This used to work when I installed 9.2 originally
but I have been poking & proding for 4 days now and It still desn't
work. ONce again I apologies for the way I present my questions but I am
NOT pestering before trying, I am on a last ditch attempt to play a CD
on a linux box.
I won't bore you with my background, but I have a little involvement in
the synth, computing and audio field and yet this is now getting way
beyond a joke. I have had this playing with Micheal Minns MMUSAUDIO .
However ALSA seems the way to go for all things Audio and Linux.
So how do you check the signal path in a system? and what do you do if a
device appears not to be supported by the mixing facilities?

Chris Lyon