Re: DC metro area LAD/LAU members? (was Re: [linux-audio-user] ???)

Subject: Re: DC metro area LAD/LAU members? (was Re: [linux-audio-user] ???)
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki (rzewnickie_AT_rfa.org)
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 01:27:01 EEST

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 02:09:12PM -0400, Them wrote:
> Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> >I host the monthly DCLUG meeting in downtown DC here at work. If it
> >works for others, perhaps we could do a LAD/LAU meet in conjunction with
> >these. If not, I would still be interested in starting a semi-regular
> >thing if there are enough interested persons in the area. I think Jesse
> >Chappel is from around here, too. I know Sam Chessman watches some of
> >these lists and is a longtime DCLUG/NOVALUG/ma-linux/tux.org member.
> >There was a guy ... Joseph Zitt? who I think was from this area as well.
> >Certainly must be others.
> Yes, Jesse Chappell is from the DC area also and plays bass in a band
> called Phase 42. I've been part of DCLUG/NOVALUG/MALUG for years also,
> although haven't been to a meeting in years, since they stopped having
> them at NIH.

Cool. Do you have a link to any sort of phase 42 gig schedule or other
such band info?

And for that matter, does anyone know of any venues in the area that
have electronic, electroacoustic or just new music concerts coming up
(or even regular series of such concerts)? I'm embarrased to say I've
been in the area for 6 years now and haven't bothered previously to find
anything of the sort around. I think the last performance I went to was
Kronos Quartet at the Kenedy Center probably 3 or 4 years ago.

-Eric Rz.