[linux-audio-user] Just bought a Delta 1010LT, now what..?

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Just bought a Delta 1010LT, now what..?
From: Glenn McCord (clari_player_AT_paradise.net.nz)
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 13:27:50 EEST

I'm now the proud owner of a Delta 1010LT. Unfortunately getting it to
run on Linux is proving a chore. So far I've googled a big (maybe I'm a
useless googler), and looked at the alsa-project website

So from those things I figured I would do the following...

modified my /etc/modules.d/alsa file to this
# Alsa 0.9.X kernel modules' configuration file.
# $Header:
/home/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/media-sound/alsa-driver/files/alsa-modules.conf-rc,v
1.1 2002/12/21 06:31:52 agenkin Exp $

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore

##
## IMPORTANT:
## You need to customise this section for your specific sound card(s)
## and then run `update-modules' command.
## Read alsa-driver's INSTALL file in /usr/share/doc for more info.
##
## ALSA portion
alias snd-card-0 snd-ice1712

# OSS/Free portion - card #1
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss

# Set this to the correct number of cards.
options snd cards_limit=1

Run the following command

#modprobe snd-ice1712;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe
snd-mixer-oss;modprobe snd-seq-oss

made a .asoundrc file with the following in it

        pcm.ice1712 {
           type hw
           card 0
        }

        ctl.ice1712 {
           type hw
           card 0
        }

Simple version just so I can get some playback

_______________________________________

I did the whole modules-update and restart of alsa (yes I'm using Gentoo)

I get this error when I try to run aplay

root_AT_upstairs glenn # aplay -D ice1712 test.wav
ALSA lib pcm.c:1972:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM ice1712
aplay: main:507: audio open error: No such file or directory

Basically I've just been trying to follow this
http://alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Midiman&card=Delta+1010-LT&chip=Envy24&module=ice1712#opt

I was using a Soundblaster Live! and wanted a 1010LT with the purpose of
doing live multitrack recording with Ardour. Please tell me I can do it
because that was the main purpose of buying the card in the first place.

Cheers for any direction pointing.

Glenn