Re: [linux-audio-user] Just bought a Delta 1010LT, now what..?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Just bought a Delta 1010LT, now what..?
From: Sampo Savolainen (v2_AT_iki.fi)
Date: Sat Sep 25 2004 - 01:57:51 EEST

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 13:27, Glenn McCord wrote:

> Run the following command
>
> #modprobe snd-ice1712;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe
> snd-mixer-oss;modprobe snd-seq-oss

modprobe handles module dependancies automatically, you only need to
modprobe snd-ice1712. (And not even that if the boot procedure runs the
alsasound script)

> made a .asoundrc file with the following in it
>
> pcm.ice1712 {
> type hw
> card 0
> }
>
> ctl.ice1712 {
> type hw
> card 0
> }
>
> Simple version just so I can get some playback
>
> _______________________________________
>
> I did the whole modules-update and restart of alsa (yes I'm using Gentoo)
>
> I get this error when I try to run aplay
>
> root_AT_upstairs glenn # aplay -D ice1712 test.wav
> ALSA lib pcm.c:1972:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM ice1712
> aplay: main:507: audio open error: No such file or directory

You said that you made an .asoundrc file. Did you make it for root, and
is it in root's homedir? (I'm presuming you're trying to run it as root
from the command prompt).

The error message seems to be coming from alsa not recognizing the name
ice1712, and it should recognize it if the .asoundrc is correct.

btw. A better place than ~/.asoundrc is /etc/asound.conf . That file is
the global (for all users) configuration file.

If this doesn't get you ahead, try running "lsmod" and see if
snd-ice1712 comes up on the list.

When you get the device running, don't forget to use envy24control to
set your levels.

  Sampo