Re: [linux-audio-user] Just bought a Delta 1010LT, now what..?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Just bought a Delta 1010LT, now what..?
From: Jos Laake (jos_AT_radiks.net)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 15:36:21 EEST

I also just set up my delta1010 and have been experiencing
similar problems.

My IRQ setup looks like this:

[root_AT_Katanya jos]# cat /proc/interrupts
            CPU0
   0: 155588356 XT-PIC timer
   1: 11683 XT-PIC keyboard
   2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
   5: 23383 XT-PIC usb-uhci, usb-uhci, ICE1712
   8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
   9: 6 XT-PIC acpi, ohci1394, usb-uhci
  11: 385494 XT-PIC ehci_hcd, eth0, Intel 82801DB-ICH4
  12: 908490 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
  14: 511812 XT-PIC ide0
  15: 2422 XT-PIC ide1
NMI: 0
ERR: 0

 From previous info on this thread, it looks like my card is
in, like, the *worst* possible position. And my little Ice Cube
P4 box only has one PCI slot, and the Delta1010 is in it.

Then Lee Revell wrote:
> The interrupt priorities mentioned by the previous poster are
> not a big deal here. I believe these only determine which
> interrupt the CPU sees first if they happen to fire at the
> *exact* same time. But, Linux allows interrupts to nest
> (aka to interrupt other interrupts). So, even
> if you get a USB and a soundcard interrupt at the exact same time and
> the processor sees the USB one first, the soundcard interrupt will
> literally interrupt the USB interrupt handler. So interrupts are
> serviced immediately, even if the system is alreasy handling another
> interrupt. Anyway, this is all a matter of nanoseconds or
> microseconds, not enough to affect audio latency.
>
> ACPI can definitely cause problems, but if it seems to be working,
> there's no reason to disable it.

Since moving my card is not an option, and I'd really like to
keep my USB functional, I'm wondering if anybody has any advice
on how to tweak my particular system?

Thanks for any help.

~Jos~