Re: [linux-audio-user] Just bought a Delta 1010LT, now what..?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Just bought a Delta 1010LT, now what..?
From: Joe Hartley (jh_AT_brainiac.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 16:47:47 EEST

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:47:25 -0400
Lee Revell <rlrevell_AT_joe-job.com> wrote:
> Actually, you should probably leave it alone. The important thing is
> not which IRQ it's on, it's more important that the IRQ not be shared.
> [ snip ]
> The interrupt priorities mentioned by the previous poster are not a big
> deal here. I believe these only determine which interrupt the CPU sees
> first if they happen to fire at the *exact* same time.

I respectfully disagree; the IRQ is very important to the system!
There's a ton of detail why at http://www.pcguide.com/ref/mbsys/res/irq/func.htm

It's worth noting that many motherboards have a way of assigning IRQs
to particular slots in the BIOS. That might be what you need to get IRQ 9
assigned to the sound card. If the 1010 is at 5, which is often used
for the parallel port, just about every other peripheral will be ahead
of it, taking precedence.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh_AT_brainiac.com