Re: [linux-audio-user] Multiple instances of Jamin

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Multiple instances of Jamin
From: Jack O'Quin (joq_AT_io.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 01:20:25 EEST

"Reuben Martin" <MartinR_AT_jbu.edu> writes:

> I'm looking for a way to run multiple instances of Jamin. The purpose
> behind this is that I want to use Jamin as an insert with different
> settings for two separate busses in ardour, but Jamin segfaults when
> there is already an instance running. I already tried to make a copy
> of Jamin under a different name but with the same results.

Well, you're *supposed* to use the -n option to set a different client
name for the second instance. But, it looks like the new OSC control
logic is crashing trying to open the same control port.

When I try it I get...

   $ jamin -n metoo
  jamin 0.9.03
  (c) 2003 J. Depner, S. Harris, J. O'Quin, R. Parker and P. Shirkey
  under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details.
  liblo server error 9904 in path (null): cannot find free port
  Segmentation fault

Is that what you're seeing?

> Any suggestions would be helpful.

Building jamin with `./configure --disable-osc' might work. I can't
say for sure. My system can't comfortably run multiple instances, so
I haven't tried it in ages.

Meanwhile we need to debug that segfault.

--
  joq