[linux-audio-user] Re: metronome-free MIDI recording

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: metronome-free MIDI recording
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 02:08:20 EEST

Well, that's why I use csound, except the only problem is that its very
time consuming, takes weeks to do just one song, because I have to enter
every note by hand. In that way I can transcribe rhythm tracks that aren't
consistant, because I have such atomic level control. I also have created
some composition techniques that would be impossible to do with most midi
sequencers because I'm both using pitches that are outside those notes
supported by midi, and I'm also running five different time signatures
against each other.

But like I said the drawback to this approach is that its like pointalist
painting, and it takes forver to compose a tune.