Re: [linux-audio-user] Commandline tools for some audio operations?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Commandline tools for some audio operations?
From: Mikhail Ramendik (mr_AT_ramendik.ru)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 11:14:56 EEST

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:

> >> - Split a file into songs based on long periods of silence in betweeh
> >> them?
>
> This isn't directly available, afaik, but could possibly be scripted.

I asked in the ecasound list - but unfotunately got no answer.

To script this, I would need to use the threshold gate, but in a
different way. It would have to stop processing when the gate
opens/closes, so I can get the time point when that happens.

Can ecasound do this? If so, how can I make it do this?

I like the idea of ecasound scripting. But I could not find this
feature, and without it the thing is useless for me. Now with "find
place where gate works", I'd work wonders ;)

Yours, Mikhail Ramendik