Re: [linux-audio-user] Copy file from sample N to sample M ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Copy file from sample N to sample M ?
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 07:08:37 EEST

Hi Mikhail,

--- Mikhail Ramendik <mr_AT_ramendik.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Perhaps it is possible, with some tool (ecasound?
> sox?), to take sample
> number N to sample number M in file1.wav, and write
> them into file2.wav
> ?

I think the following is an example of what you might
be asking about:
CD_DA
CD_TEXT {
LANGUAGE_MAP {
0 : 9
}
LANGUAGE 0 {
TITLE "Cake and Eat IT"
PERFORMER "Mike"
DISC_ID "xyz"
UPC_EAN ""
}
}

TRACK AUDIO
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
ISRC "DEXXX9800001"
CD_TEXT {
LANGUAGE 0 {
TITLE "06-weisenberg"
PERFORMER "Mike"
ISRC "DE-XXX-98-00001"
}
}
AUDIOFILE
"/home/studio/clients/mike-jila/master/mixes.wav"
23:09:26 6:50:11

TRACK AUDIO
TWO_CHANNEL_AUDIO
ISRC "DEXXX9800001"
CD_TEXT {
LANGUAGE 0 {
TITLE "07-ginstera"
PERFORMER "Mike"
ISRC "DE-XXX-98-00001"
}
}
AUDIOFILE
"/home/studio/clients/mike-jila/master/mixes.wav"
30:00:08 2:25:04

You'll notice that each title (song) is extracted from
the same file mixes.wav by specifying the relative
start and duration times. Incidentally, the metadata
fields TITLE, PERFORMER, etc, are displayed in the LCD
screen for the one CD player that I have to test with.

> My idea is to use a cdrdao toc file (created with
> GWC) to split a file
> into several files.

I don't know anything about GWC but give it a shot.
Sorry if I'm not understanding your questions.

ron