Re: [linux-audio-user] suggestions for USB/serial/PCMCIA MIDI interfaces ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] suggestions for USB/serial/PCMCIA MIDI interfaces ?
From: Clemens Ladisch (clemens_AT_ladisch.de)
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 09:48:17 EEST

Dave Phillips wrote:
> eBay lists a lot of USB MIDI interfaces, but I'd like to know what
> users on the list recommend for an inexpensive 1x1 or 2x2 box.

All USB MIDI interfaces from ESI/Edirol/Roland/Yamaha are supported,
those from M-Audio (except the 2x4) need the extra firmware loader,
those from Emagic/Steinberg/MOTU usually aren't supported.

The ESI RoMI/O (1x2) seems to be the most inexpensive one when bought
new; on Ebay YMMV.

> Finally, is there such a beast as a PCMCIA MIDI interface card ?

Probably only as part of a 'full' sound card, but those I've heard of
don't have MIDI ports either.

HTH
Clemens